6839 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43213
Next to Giant Eagle
Serving You Today Until 6:00 pm
|Monday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
Julie and Larry Baldwin Franchise Store OwnersView Our Store Site
Oh! Things to Know About Orioles
This has been a banner year for Orioles. We are very happy to hear of the number of sightings. Thanks for sharing!
One of North America’s most popular fruit-eating birds is the Oriole and we can help you attract them to your yard if they are in your area.
Orioles are known to enjoy orange slices, grape jelly and mealworms offered from tray-style feeders. Nectar feeders can also be used. You can use the same recipe as for Hummingbirds (4 to 1 ratio). Remember to keep your feeder clean and the food fresh, replacing every few days. The feeder shown in the picture is a three-way feeder, allowing you to feed oranges, nectar and jelly. Please do not use store bought jelly that contains preservatives and corn syrup. We have feeders and jelly in stock.
Oriole Fun Facts
- When not feeding on nectar, orioles seek out caterpillars, fruits, insects, and spiders.
- The Oriole nest is an engineering masterpiece. They weave a hanging-basket nest with plant fibers, grasses, vine and tree bark and sometimes string or yarn placed out on the small twigs of a branch 6-45 feet in the air. This keeps them safe from most predators.
- The Baltimore Oriole is a common inhabitant of suburban landscapes due to is preference for open settings that are bordered with mature trees.
- Orioles are a member of Icteridae family, meaning that their closest bird relatives include meadowlarks, blackbirds, bobolinks and grackles.
- The oriole gets its name from the Latin aureolus, which means golden.
FOR OUR SAFETY AND YOURS, OUR SALES FLOOR REMAINS CLOSED, HOWEVER, WE ARE STILL DOING CURBSIDE PICK-UPS AND DELIVERIES. YOU CAN CALL US AT 614-860-1133 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER OR SHOP ONLINE BY CLICKING THE LINK ABOVE FOR MYWBU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR SMALL, LOCAL, FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS. WE APPRECIATE EVERY ONE OF YOU. WE WILL RE-EVALUATE WHAT TO DO AT THE END OF MAY.